The Koel Times Are A Changin'

Monday, April 7, 2025

UK Work Trip (Part 3 of 5)


The next morning, I was picked up by a coworker from the area at the hotel and he drove us in.  This is the Leprino Llangefni site.  It's a fairly small plant by our US standards and was actually pieced together a bit over the years by purchasing some neighboring buildings that have been combined/consolidated into one larger plant.  We mostly worked in the main office building at some cubes and sometimes from a trailer that had a few offices in front.


After working for the day, my ride did a bit of tour guide duty and we took the long way home (to the northeast of Llangefni) towards Red Wharf Bay and Traeth Benllech beach.  You can see the water in the distance of this picture.


We parked and walked around a bit on the beach.  There were actually some people swimming in the water, but I had to believe it was fairly chilly there!  It wasn't that cold out but didn't really seem like ocean weather to me...


The main purpose of the long road home, though, was so he could help me scout a running route from the hotel.  Driving (and running I guess) can be a bit treacherous around these back country parts.  This is one of the roads we were on.  I am not quite sure what would have happened if someone would have been coming the other direction.  It seemed barely wide enough for some sort of Prius and there are no shoulders whatsoever.


 We did eventually get back to my hotel, though the detour had taken quite some time.  I had to hustle to get a long run in before it got dark.  My route was to head North up through Capel Coch to Maenaddwyn and then continue on to Mynydd Bodafon.  It was too far to get to the beach but was a beautiful route filled with field after field of green grass and sheep.  This is actually a picture of the Eglyws Llanfihangel Tre'r Beirdd Church & Cemetery.  The age of this place and the history you are surrounded by over here always amazes me.  I did get in a nice long run just before dark and before the restaurant closed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home